Thursday, October 1, 2009

Herree finalllly :)

Sooo after leaving my sister at heathrow..i began to walk through customs and suddenly this all hit me...and the only thing i could think...WHAT THE HELLL DID I GET MYSELF INTO!!!...am i crazie..me, little miss. need my hair rollers, trendy clothes and make up...am i nuts....after a couple of conversations and mhmmmy 30 hour plane ride full of many delays...i landed in Uganda..was warmly welcomed at the airport and arrived at the airport guest house for the nite...

it was here that i finally got to take a deep breath and just let it all sink in..and i think it is still all sinking in...I am beginning to see that I can do this and that I will live to tell about it ..that is if i dont go to jail for killing the rooosters that start wake up callls at like 6am...lol..

Soo after spending the nite at the airport, traveling into kamapala (which i doo love!!! annnnnnnd got to see the PwC there!..lol) and then driving to Jinja for 2 hours...I have arrived...and whille I will begin seeing whats around 2morrow for me to do ..official work doesnt start till monday...and I am beginning to get excited, but just beginning to wonder if I really can make an impact...

Til then...I am literallly taking it all in and enjoying all the trees, sugarcane fields, the nile river and lake victoria...and the fact that no matter how disappointing life can seem for the people here, everyone is happpy and laughing....

missing home, but thankful for all the bbm's and texts....let the adventure begin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment