Monday, October 19, 2009

Here is what GIVING back is all about...

Someone said to me soon before I left that I could just write a check and send the money towards the cause...but the reality is today along with many of the days is why I chose to be here...

Today, I took a day break from the orphanage and along with a couple of the volunteers, we hiked for about 2 hrs, carrying these family kits, which include, mattresses, mosquito nets, pans, containers for water, etc. Annnd yess WE ALL CARRRIED THEM...i had all the juggs strapped on my back and we walked up and down mudddy pathways all in hopes of getting to the end...We arrived in small rural villages, where there are only mud huts, plantations and the most simplest of people..it was simply amazing, and whille there is much I want to write about the people I got to meet..I am still learning to deal with the emotions of it all..

Its exactly what I talked about when I mentioned the idea of "assumptions", while these people were amazed and happy with all they were to recieve, the reality is that whether we had gone or not, they were simply happy...And thats it...I mean I think people assume they have to come here and give millions of money to these people, but the reality is they wouldnt know what to do with it..they have come to love the simplest things in life, which is where I could relate most...while i love my designer/trendy clothes, make-up, nice resto's and bars and so on...everyone who knows me knows...it is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS about the LITTLE THINGS...they take the least amount of time and they touch people the most becuase in the midst of a crazie life, sometimes a text or a phone call hello is all someone needs...which is why I care only about those things, and only show how much i care that way..

As part of making these kits I also had the chance to meet the most amazing lady ever today, named BABY JUSTINE...she is the most amazing woman as everyone told me she would be...

We talked for about an hour today and the conversation began with a you are soooo beautiful (whiiich i have become soooo accustomed to hearing..lol, which i always laugh about since my latest look is nothing short of "jungle girl")....I laughed as usual..but later in the conversation she wanted to know about my life and when we started talking about boys..she told me that whille I didnt think I looked beautiful because I did not have my makeup and hair done...it was the beauty within my soull that was shining through...It simply brought me to tears...and was right in line with the little things..after the way things have gone for me in my life...that was all i really wanted to hear...whether I am in the clothes I am in, obese, crazie looking or whatever...I have always just wanted to be considered beautiful for who I was inside..and what she said to me will stay with me for life...

Spreading happiness like we did today, and learning to see how these people have just come to love what they are surrounded by has made me appreciate soo many things....

And with that I will sign off for today....

but b4 I go...I am amazed with all the readers and emails, texts, messages, etc that I have gotten because of my writing...but I just want to say thank you to those of you, who have really been there when I needed it most...

And with that this post is dedicated to Jennny Wan and Fancie...In the darkest moments here, you tooo have shown love through the little things and I am forever greatfull.

Love u's

Arti

No comments:

Post a Comment