Thursday, October 29, 2009

And here i go...leaving my Omatima in UG...

How time flies is all I can think right now...about 5 years ago I entered a process that was ment to take a year and after several bumps in the roads, a lot of tears, failure and learning..i broke free of the process just a bout a year ago...

It was at that time that this idea of this trip began and no matter how great life seemed to be around me and there was really no reason for me to leave, i knew that 10-15 years from now the lessons I learnt would only make me be the strong, confident, inspirational and beautiful woman that i would want my kids to see and learn from...

Soo the planning began and b4 i knew it i was sitting at heathrow with a stack of goodbye cards/notes and pictures to carry me through bawling like a baby...wondering WHAT THE HELLL i was really doing...thank god for BBM is all i have to say and supprisingly enough the pep talk that Neil of all people provided...

about 30 hours later, which included a lot of disasters, delayed flights and chaos i landed and found myself in the airport guesthouse bawling once again..the thought of being alll alone in this strange place no matter how independent I have managed to become in my life even scared the living crap out of me...I went to bed that first, second, third, fourth and fifth nite wishing i would wake up in my bed at home and it would all be over...

Then I met Julia..a 22 year old German girl who suprisingly summed up exactly how i felt.... the truth is she said " you know exactly what you have left behind, and you have no idea what you are coming to and worst of all you dont know what you will go home too"...and she was right, my eyes lit up and as tears sprung to the surface she assured me that after being here for a few months already, that life was only bound to get better, if i was willing to start believing..

Annnd soo the idea of assumptions came into my mind and seemed to tie into every aspect of my trip and now as I sit here on last day in Jinga, I realize that through all of the ups and downs, questioning of things and struggling with trying to keep it together..I am ready to start believing..because after all, after learning about who i am, what i have and where i come from...holding my head high just seems like the right thing to do...

Soo there you have it, this city, the struggles, the times, the work, the everything here has finally let me leave the past where it belongs and realize that i have learnt to make some of the right choices in my life this past year, even if at times i tend to move at snails pace...

Nooow with all that being said I keep with the trend of lists for this week...here is my liiist of things I'll miss and in nooo particular order since living here has only taught me that order is boring and organized chaos is that much better..I KNOW you're thinking, who the hell is this girl...lol...

1. Emmma & Ian...whoo have basically become the amit's, deepak's, neil's, navin's, etc of Uganda and kept me grounded, sane and most importantly gave me sanity...this trip would never have been the same without these bonds that have now taught me about just letting go and living :)

2. The hooooouse...okay soo its not the W of Montreal that i love...but its home, and everytime I think of UG i'll think of that guesthouse, my room, the kitchen table and the family rooom where endless hours were spent....annnnnnnd the washing area of course where I learnt to becomme domesticated..yea thats right I can now wash clothes by hand :P

3. MYYY BODDA BOODDDA....i videotaped the ride to work on my last day, to show all you people that i know are dying to see the 10000000 of pictures and videos I took....but let me tell you, everytime i think of getting on the go train i think to myself hoooow depresssed i will be knowing that i could have been on a motorcycle...

4. FLAVOOOURS...and indulge and two friends, and the gately and ...lol...every hangout here...BUT ESPECIALLLY flavours..for it has been the "cheers" version of Jinja where everyone knows your name :) plusss you gotta love a caffee that calls u the indian princess :P

5. Not wearing make-up, doing my hair and wearing the same clothes everyday and still being considered a beautiful and rare delicasy out here....fawwk...lol...if i walked around toronto like this I AM POSITIVE that people would throw money at me and think i was a bum...lol...that and I AM POSITIVE...that there are people that would rather just leave me at home when they went out...lol...

6. The scenery, the people, the city, the liveliness....the love, happiness and pride these people have ...make it amaziiing to be around them..its like you walk around with a perma grin alll the timmmme....

7. THE INDIAN FOOOD..which i have to say tastes like being at home...God...i dont really know how much i managed to retain inside of me but every bite of it tasted like Heavvven...whiiich links directly to the rolllex's :)

8. MY KIDDDIESSS, STUDENTS, LOVES OF MY LIVES...this trip is all about them, the joy they shared with each of my days, the love they taught me to keep in my heart and the kid that they reminded me still existed inside...Every last minute of this trip will forever be linked to them and everything they did for me...becuase they touched my heart and my life more then i could have ever touched theres...

9. Life here in general...There is something about this place, that has let me leave the order in my life that i always try to have behind, I have learnt to live out of my barriers/box and everything else and realized what its like to just be ..worry free...as some would say...whille there have been tonnes of moments of struggle and worry, and thinking about home, life and the aftermath...the faith i have learnt to have and the positive assumptions I have learnt to have just let me live on, who would have thought....

THINNNNNNGSSS I AM EXCCITED FOR....lets face it coming home, or nearing home puts a smile on my face...but i gotta say the few things besides all my besties, family and others in between that I am exciiited fooor are:

1. BBATTH AND BODY WORKS CREAM...sunscreen has become my greecee of choice and it will be nice to finally not have the perma shine i walk around with...

2 . PERRRFUME.....mhmm bugspray has been the only thing i have worn and whille its suffice here, i am finallly ready to smelll like a lady and not like some aersol bottle...

3. JEAAANS...as much as i hate them...wearing track pants for the many days in a row i have, begin to make you feel like a bag lady, who desperately needs to be featured on what not to wear.

4. Fast internnet...instead of the crappiness that i live with now...loll...TRUST ME...you should all kiss your computersss...

5. Yogaaa/boxing/the gym...walking everywhere and being in a permanent sweaty stage is great exercise but doesnt erase the constant noise around you that you manage to break free of at any of these places.

Annd i feel like tgere is more, but I cant seem to think past this short list sinnnce now i just wanna lay in the sun under a palm treee at the nile resssort...

Thankk you for all the kind words, texts, bbm's, phone calls and everything else...the fact that sooo many of you have shared this trip along with me, has made my experience that much better...thank you for all the support and love...the reality is i had soo much i could have worried about when i left and for the most part you have alll rid all those worries for me....

Missing you all, seee you's sooon...from Jinja with lovvvve always
- The little Indian Pricess

p.s.... LET THE VACAAATION BEEEEGIN, kenya and london town here i comme :)

p.p.s the BB is up and running and the local nummmero will be no more by 2morrow nite my time...

p.p.p.s SEEE you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment