Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And the days begin to draw to an end...

What a wkend....after an extremely stressfilled week, it was super nice to get out of Jinja and head to Kampala for some big cty fun!!! Much was done!!! A concert, a couple VIP PARRTAAAYS (see i am even VIP in the UG, lol) and a few clubs...The capital city is FILLLLLLED with expats, soo when i met tonnes of people from Toronto it was sooo nice to get a bit of a feel of home...The wkend was much fun, but did leave me misssing my kiddies, the guesthouse and my UG crew in Jinja...

But as I road the coaster back to Jinja w/ Emma I began to realize that as excited as I was to get back to Jinja...I realized that my time here is now short....as I write I have exactly 3 days left..we will all pack up and leave Friday and head to Entebbe which is the city where the airport is and stay there over nite, so we can get on our 5AM flights...then I am offf to Kenya for a few and then London Town...

I cant believe all my time is beginning to come to an end...today was my last day of school and as much fun as I had with the kids today, a huge part of me feels like I should cancel my return ticket, get all my stuff shipped here and make my new home base..I feel like i was ment to be here for there kids, and now that i have grown such a huge bond with them to leave almost feels like I am cutting them short of what they deserve...love, attention, support and a mzungo teacher that gives them something to laugh at...

I did my final lessons, took all my photos/videos, had my special friend come by the school to help in putting my take away from africa together, sang all my last songs with nursery kids annnd caused havoc of course in the school field when I brought tonnnes of goooooooodies for the kids to enjoy during their recess...I HEART THESE KIDS...and i'm positive my whole flight home I will be watching them sing the african version of head and shoulders...

Soooo Madame Arti, is officially done teaching and will play mamma at the orphanage for one more day tomorrow and then give myself one day of R&R and lots of nights of bonding with all the peeps I have met here....

Whille this past weekend was amazing, one thing I have learnt was that whille I came here with the intention to spread all the love I had to give and make a difference, these kids have given me more love then I ever thought possible and changed me in away that I never knew I could..I feel like a different, more grown up person..who has burst the PwC bubble and learned to live soo far out of my box that I only hope that I encourage you all to do the same...

Soo with that lets begin the theme of this weeks blogs...favorites, things to miss, things i learned...Lets start with the things I have learnt :

1. That riding a boda boda is sooo much coooler then Go Train and the subbbway and ALLLMOOOOOOOOOST can be put in the same classs as my Hyunnndaaaai (YEA THATS RIGHT..i called my Hyundair cool :) )

2. Rolex's taste sooo good that they are likely worth more then the actual Rolex....and I am positive that I am on a mission to open up my own Rolex stand in the TDOT....lol...

3. Being at the Guesthouse has given me the Uni feel all over again and has made me realize that further schooling is a definate in my future...

4. Internal Audit really isnt as cool as corporate sustainability or social enterprise or teaching primary schooooll @ St. Florence...

5. That I will be the fun, easy going parent that helps her kids get away with things....ONLY IF THEY ARE GETTING STRAIGHT A's :) ...looks like I have taken after my dad's educational hitler ways !

6. That being at home with my kids for many years to watch them grow, is a role I thought I could never handle and have now learnt how important it will be....even though I AM MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY years away from having any to look after...did i mention MANY...lol

7. That love is anything you want it to be...and is just about a special bond, connection and feeling you share with someone...

8. That friendships and relationships I have built up after dealing with much turmoil, are the strongest ones I have and will be with me forever..I am the luckiest girl ever...

9. Assumptions can kill you, but they can also stop you from learning to just have faith in the world, yourself and people around you...always assume like you have never assumed before and when you ask, be prepared to listen to what is being said and not what you think is being said...

10. That life is too short, to live through bounds...we have all failed at love, life and everything in between...but sometimes a simple gesture says it all and it will be all you need to just let go and appreciate what you have in the moment....

UG has become a home that I never thought I could make...and when I lay there at night trying to imagine my life back home..i wonder how things will ever be the same...

I started this journey with a hello world and have realized that I will be flying back to Toronto screaming it outloud...

I've attempted to strip my life of any insecurities and just b, becuase after all these kids have learnt to show soo much pride with what little they have..sooo with how much I have, there is no reason for me to not practise what they have preeched to me...

Signnning off for now....

Arti

P.S all you peeps that have my local number, it wont be in commission after the 31st...sooo bbm or text the bb cuz thats all I will have and be answering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment